Sunday 23 September 2007

Manchester England, England!!


25-Aug-07



My first impression of the UK comes from Manchester. I booked the most inconvenient (thus cheapest) flight possible which resulted in half a day spent here. First order of business was to buy an adapter and get some cash, then I was on my way to the city centre. I had arranged to meet Rachael, a friend of Andy's, but since my flight was a couple hours behind schedule she had already come and gone. So instead I topped up my UK phone and tried to make sense of the telephone numbers (it still makes no sense) and got in touch with Rachael, eventually. She showed me around her city: I wandered around a cathedral, poked about a neat museum (with a fun exibit about Play!), and watched a gay pride parade. All of this in polka-dotted wellies!

No comments: